Semi Permanent Makeup has fast become one of the most requested treatments in the beauty industry. An exciting treatment to enhance your eyes, brows, and lips with a soft natural finish that looks, and stays looking, like perfectly applied makeup or the most subtle of enhancements.
Semi Permanent Makeup for Eyebrows
Eyebrows that are very blonde or light in colour, are sparse from plucking or shaving, or hair lost due to a medical condition or an illness can be transforrmed into perfectly shaped natural looking brows created with semi-permanent make up.
Semi Permanent Makeup for Eyes
Eyeliner or eyelash enhancement defines the eyes and enhances the eyes’ natural colour and shape. The effect makes a real difference if you’ve got sparse or no eyelashes, if you have difficulty applying eyeliner; or if you just feel you’ve lost the intensity of your eyes because of the aging process. It’s also ideal if you suffer with allergies to pollen or conventional eye make-up and if you struggle with contact lens sensitivities.
You can choose an eyeliner that is placed just at the lash line to make the lashes look fuller or, choose a bolder line, depending on your taste.
Semi Permanent Makeup for Lips
Similarly lip-lining enhances the lip shape and can be used to correct the shape of the lips. As early as your 30’s lips start to get paler and the natural boarder diminishes – causing your lips to lose their definition. During your 40’s the fullness reduces, the cupids bow straightens out and eventually gravity takes hold causing the corners of your mouth to drop. Semi permanent makeup for lips perfects your lip shape, discreetly redefines your natural lip boarder and if desired gives the illusion of fullness.
You will need to let your technician know if you have a history of cold sores so your doctor can prescribe anti-viral medication before you under-go this procedure.
For more information or to see the results which can be achieved from Semi permanent makeup please click on the image below
What is Semi Permanent Makeup?
Also known as micro-pigmentation, cosmetic tattooing or permanent cosmetics, it is a process where advanced pigments are inserted into the epidermis of the skin. The aim of the treatment is to give a natural make up appearance that perfectly complements your skin tone using the right combination of pigments to enhance your natural features.
The individual effect is a result of your choice of procedure and intensity, your colour type, age, and skin structure, and should suit you and enhance your features in a balanced, natural way.
Who benefits from permanent makeup?
Everyone from the young to the elderly who desire a soft, natural enhancement to their appearance.
- Physically Active People who want to look their best throughout activities such as swimming, hiking, biking, tennis, aerobics, and don’t want to worry about “sweating off” or reapplying cosmetics.
- Allergies and Sensitive Skin Permanent makeup is an ideal alternative for those who cannot waer other cosmetics due to allergies or sensitivity.
- Vision Impaired People who have difficulty applying their cosmetics.
- Alopecia Areata or universalis sufferers who have lost some or all of their facial hair, including eyebrows and/or eyelashes.
- Chemotherapy Recipients with full or partial hair loss.
- Vitilgo Sufferers who may have areas of skin which have lost their pigment.
- Motor Impaired Including arthritics, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke survivors, and those with unsteady hands who cannot apply their own makeup.
- Entertainers, Actresses and Models who have to look good all the time and have no time for conventional makeup.
- Men who want feature enhancement that looks natural and not “made up”.
- Women who want to look their best all the time, even when they wake up or mothers and other busy professionals who do not have the time for conventional makeup.
How Long Does it Take to Have a Treatment?
You will need to allow 1.5 hours for your first procedure
Does it hurt?
Some clients feel no discomfort at all – others feel minimal discomfort. We use topical anaesthetics to control pain tolerance. This may cause some slight swelling but will go down usually by the end of the day.
After a procedure the area treated will be darker and more intense. This can last for approximately a 10 day period, over which time the colour will slowly fade by 30-40% as it is naturally exfoliated from your skin, leaving the true colour embedded in the dermis.
How Long Does it Last?
Semi-Permanent Make-up should last for several years. Over that time the colour will fade and break down. It is suggested that you have a top up procedure every 18 months/2 years to keep the look complete and fresh.
Anti Viral Medication
Most clients are advised to apply an antiviral medication such as Zovirax for 7 days before and 5 days after treatment to prevent coldsores and/ or infections.
You will be given a comprehensive after care guide after the treatment, along with verbal instructions. For more information on Pre and Post treatment care please click on the link below